THE LIGHTING OF THE ROYAL FORTRESS OF CHINON
Since friday November 30th
Following the great restoration works that ended on 2010, the Royal Fortresse of Chinon, in association with Noctabene society committed into launching new works for the lighting of the fortress.
This new project puts in evidence the shape of the fortress while respecting attractive, technical, historical and environmental requirements:
- patrimonial improvement of the site giving it modern and graceful appearance.
- a more complete lighting from the cast to the west, especially thanks to fort St George's lighting.
- an adjustable and programmable system to work finely with hues according to the seasons or to specific events.
- presevation and respect of the site: no equipment is hooked up to the monument itself.
- a restricted visual effect in the landscape due to a lower pole's height compared to the previous ones.
The project is cofunded by :
The region Centre - Val de Loire
The Department Council of Indre-et-Loire
The federation of municipalities of Chinon, Vienne and Loire.
The city of Chinon